mardi 31 août 2010

NATALIE RAE RICHARDSON*** HEART CRUSH...


FOX JACKET

HYENA SHIRT


ANTEATER SHIRT

GAZELLE COAT





+++FUR IS MUDER+++

This very exciting debut collection fuses bold embroidery and natural colour palette with casual American 1980´s silhouettes.

Inspired by the anthropomorphic artwork of artist Ryan Berkeley, each of the looks invokes the spirit of well-shod wildlife from Berkeley´s animal portraiture. Using a different animal from 6 of Berkeley´s illustartions, Natalie has brought together elements of nature photography, detail from Victorian period animal illustrations as well as experimental painting techniques.


What impact has the development of technology in the past 5 years had on your work/business?


My approach to developing my ideas and final garments i would have to say is a bit old fashion. As far as technologies concerning pattern computer programs or laser cutting, my collection was very straight forward and I did it all by hand myself, as well all my embroidery was all done by hand. I personally prefer the hands on approach, it makes one appreciate the process and the craft of creating, I always feel these ideas should never go out of style.

sources: